Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dr.kable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
DK
Curious to know if any of you have had a chance to run iOS 8 on an un an iPad 3 yet? iOS 7 killed performance real bad on my iPad 3. I've heard that performance on the iPhone 5s seems to have improved. But it's got a way more powerful chipset than iPad 3.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
Curious to know if any of you have had a chance to run iOS 8 on an un an iPad 3 yet? iOS 7 killed performance real bad on my iPad 3. I've heard that performance on the iPhone 5s seems to have improved. But it's got a way more powerful chipset than iPad 3.

We will find out tomorrow. My wife has an iPad 3, hopefully it will not slow it down or I'm going to hear about over and over...
Mmmm... Actually that may be a great reason to give her my iPar Air and get an iPad 6 next month! :D

kybldmstr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I have the GM running on my iPad 3 and it is not that bad. By that I mean that I don't notice much hiccups as compared to running iOS 7.

dr.kable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
DK
I went ahead and upgraded when ios 8 landed. To me it seems that it's a bit more slow compared to ios 7.1.2.
I'll try downgrading again. Here's hoping Apple is still signing 7.1.2 :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.