Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dantracht

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I'm sure I'm not the only one....but I can NOT get iOS 8 to download to my iPad 4. I started the download last night OTA, expecting the servers to be slammed, and it said "15 hours remaining."

Waking up a half hour ago it said "27 minutes remaining" only for it to back to the beginning. Now it says "downloading" with no remaining time left. Trying to download while connected to iTunes says "90 hours remaining" at 5:40AM EST.

I know we go through this every year, but you'd think Apple would get this right by now. Year after year the servers get slammed, yet I've never had this kind of problem trying to update what has been a solid iPad for 2 years now.

I've been mulling over trading in BOTH my iPad 4 and iPhone 5S (both 16g) for a 64 G 6 Plus, and this issue with updating my iPad 4 is making me want to trade them both in more and more and just use one device for everything. I can't see needing both devices with a 6 Plus with 64g.

Frustrated.:mad:

Bentox

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2014
Same issue here (with iPhone 5). Eventually fails through iTunes as well this morning.
Just going to have to wait a bit :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.