Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing the same issue as me. I was using the 9.2 since the beta 1 was released on my iPad Air 2 and one thing that's been consistent throughout has been severe battery drain.

I was hoping the final version of 9.2 would fix this issue but it appears that it did not. I did a simple update from the file. I would prefer not to do a fresh install. So please let me know if anyone else has been experience this or if it is just me.

waterbound

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2015
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing the same issue as me. I was using the 9.2 since the beta 1 was released on my iPad Air 2 and one thing that's been consistent throughout has been severe battery drain.

I was hoping the final version of 9.2 would fix this issue but it appears that it did not. I did a simple update from the file. I would prefer not to do a fresh install. So please let me know if anyone else has been experience this or if it is just me.

Yes, there are several threads starting to pop up from Apple forums and all over. Seems like Apple screwed up with this latest update and for now, on the Apple forums they are recommending resetting your device to resolve which is ridiculous in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Yes, there are several threads starting to pop up from Apple forums and all over. Seems like Apple screwed up with this latest update and for now, on the Apple forums they are recommending resetting your device to resolve which is ridiculous in my opinion.

It is ridiculous because it's not necessary. There is no problem with 9.2 but there are problems with a few devices. The causes of battery drain and the strategy for recovering from battery drain hasn't changed over the years.

waterbound

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2015
It is ridiculous because it's not necessary. There is no problem with 9.2 but there are problems with a few devices. The causes of battery drain and the strategy for recovering from battery drain hasn't changed over the years.

I hear ya, this is probably true and I am likely not knowledgeable to know this since I haven't had these issues ever after an update. I guess I am lucky :) Either way, I connected to my laptop and backed up, reset and its in the process of restoring now. I am actually kind of amazed how quickly it is going honestly, I figured it would be a long process but it seems it will be fully restored within a few minutes, hopefully that does resolve the battery drain issues with my Ipad and other affected devices. Thanks for the reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.