Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emailname66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2015
Hi guys,

I manage about 80 work iPads to use for our EMR system. Most iPads are 4th gen. I've noticed a few Activation screen and VoiceOver auto-enabled issues after they do the update. I've had most of them stay on 9.2.1 due to their iPads being so old and could cause issues.

Thoughts about how the iPad 4th gen has been affected by iOS 9.3.2?

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore
Sorry if this is largely irrelevant to you, but I have noticed that WiFi connectivity is very slow. Yesterday, I downloaded the same app to three different devices (6S+, Retina mini, 4th gen). The two other devices downloaded the app 3-4 times more quickly than the 4th gen (other the same network).

Reactions: emailname66

emailname66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2015
Sorry if this is largely irrelevant to you, but I have noticed that WiFi connectivity is very slow. Yesterday, I downloaded the same app to three different devices (6S+, Retina mini, 4th gen). The two other devices downloaded the app 3-4 times more quickly than the 4th gen (other the same network).

Hi Peter,

Yes, this is helpful. Beyond the app download process you observed, have you noticed any delay or slowness using that app from your 4th gen compared to your other 2 Apple devices?

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I would recommend you upgrade the devices to 9.3.2, 9.3.x GREATLY benefited my iPad mini 2 in terms of performance. Far, far smoother and much quicker too. The iPad 4th gen isn't 64-bit/supporting Metal for rendering graphics, though.. So there might not be as much of a difference but I'm sure it will help anyway, as it helped an iPhone 5 and iPod 5 in my household, none of which are 64-bit/Metal.

Don't upgrade the iPad 4's to iOS 10 though when that drops this fall, if it is available for it. Major x.0 releases will definitely trash older devices, but x.x or x.x.x of the same major version won't hurt. Typically they will only help.

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
I have a 4th gen and I'm not having any issues with 9.3.2, but I recently did a 'erase everything - setup as new' because I had so many apps on it, I would see 20+ apps that needed updating several times a week, which was getting annoying.

So I did the reset and only put the basics on: Chrome, Spotify, Weather.com, Kindle and Facebook. It's much better now. As I need stuff, I'll slowly put back whatever games or apps I need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.