Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bromio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 6, 2014
Hi,

My mother's iPad mini 2 still is on iOS 8.3, because she doesn't need anything more than what it offers. She doesn't want me to change her "workflow".

However, given that the upgrading window to iOS 9 is close to expire, I'm considering the possibility of update.

How is the iPad mini 2 on iOS 9.3.4 compared to iOS 8 from the performance viewpoint?

Thank you.

evamoree

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2016
Hi,

My mother's iPad mini 2 still is on iOS 8.3, because she doesn't need anything more than what it offers. She doesn't want me to change her "workflow".

However, given that the upgrading window to iOS 9 is close to expire, I'm considering the possibility of update.

How is the iPad mini 2 on iOS 9.3.4 compared to iOS 8 from the performance viewpoint?

Thank you.

I haven't noticed any lag and there's little difference between the OS's for me (I can still use the same stuff as I did in iOS 8). It also is better because you can receive updates that may only be limited to iOS 9. Also a lot less buggy than it used to be (iOS 9 focused solely on bug fixes)

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I haven't noticed any lag and there's little difference between the OS's for me (I can still use the same stuff as I did in iOS 8). It also is better because you can receive updates that may only be limited to iOS 9. Also a lot less buggy than it used to be (iOS 9 focused solely on bug fixes)

How about differences in battery runtime?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.