Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BradWould

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Has anyone else noticed issues using Siri with HomeKit devices after installing the 9.3 beta? I seem to be getting a lot more "can't find decvices" replies since the update. Maybe it's a coincidence but I thought I'd ask.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
I experience the same issue. But I thought it is because of my non native English especially Siri does not recognize the rooms and zones. If I want to set all lamps in my living room , it does not work.

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
Tried over the weekend on both my phone and my wife's phone. Seems to be working fine. At least no better or worse. The watch seems to be the worst of them as it gets the weirdest hiccups. Like "hey siri, change the temperature to 23.5" and it will display that for a moment, then all of a sudden change to 2015 .5 and of course, won't work. But things like that have been happening before 9.3.

BradWould

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I've restored to 9.2.1 and Siri seems to me more responsive. It could all be in my head I suppose or it could have been a bad initial install of 9.3beta.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
One thing I've found is that network traffic seems to hinder my devices from time to time, all of them (Alexa, Hue, WEMO) are on 2.4 GHZ and that is always jammed up at my house because all of my neighbors are on it. For example I'll tell Alexa or Siri to turn on the lights and it will respond and send the trigger that it successfully completed the task, however it won't happen from time to time, same when you manually trigger from the iPhone app, it acts like it worked but didn't. Hopefully we'll get more devices on 5.0 GHZ to alleviate this in the future.

jclo

Managing Editor
Staff member
Dec 7, 2012
Everything seems to be fine for me on the iOS 9.3 beta. HomeKit's been better behaved since iOS 9.2, actually. No issues with Siri lately.

squirrelist

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2006
San Francisco, CA
since 9.3 beta I've been having trouble, too. All too often when I ask Siri to do any HomeKit commands she simply offers to do a Google search. Siri understands the words perfectly, but fails on actually understanding that I'm trying to do something on HomeKit. A reboot usually fixes it for a while. Still having the same problem on beta 2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.