Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simmer2016

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2016
Until yesterday I was using iOS 8.4.1 but I updated my iPad getting knowing a good sign of this update in this forum. I was wrong . May be its better then 9.1 0r 9.2 but 8.4.1 is better then 9.3 in my view. Lot of things are changed well I know that but specially Battery life , fluidity, lagging Matters most 8.4.1 was great but 9.3 is laggy battery life is worst and app crashes. I want to suggest everyone who are still on iOS 8.4.1 not to update there iOS device now wait more days guys. I am having a terrible time with iOS 9.3 ☹️☹️

anon.guy

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2016
Really? I ve been bashing and cursing on these forums for years about how ios becomes laggy and stuttery with each update but 9.3? 9.3 is different. I dfu restored my mini 2, set up as new. Then I disabled everything on it that I don t use, even tho shutting down stuff never helps an ios device to be smoother, and I ve hid the clock app in a folder because i discovered that it makes the CC and NC laggy. With 9.3 CC, NC, the keyboard are all smooth, safari feels better, spotlight feels better.

Ganoninc

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2015
Lille, France.
Until yesterday I was using iOS 8.4.1 but I updated my iPad getting knowing a good sign of this update in this forum. I was wrong . May be its better then 9.1 0r 9.2 but 8.4.1 is better then 9.3 in my view. Lot of things are changed well I know that but specially Battery life , fluidity, lagging Matters most 8.4.1 was great but 9.3 is laggy battery life is worst and app crashes. I want to suggest everyone who are still on iOS 8.4.1 not to update there iOS device now wait more days guys. I am having a terrible time with iOS 9.3 ☹️☹️

Did you disable features like App Background Refresh, system localisation services, the uppercase/lowercase dynamic keyboard (General: Accessibility: Keyboard), siri suggestions in spotlight...

I would recommend you to use a third party app for emails like Outlook because it doesn't stay in memory when you're not using and it keeps receiving notifications on new emails.

And of course, let your iPad alone for an hour in order to let him rebuild caches and indexes.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
iOS8.3 was definitely smoother on iPad mini2 if you compare it to iOS9.2.1 and earlier. iOS9.3 seems smoother on my iPad mini2 (and iPhone 5s) then previous iOS9 versions. I do agree that iOS8.3 did run smoother on my iPad mini2 especially the Spotlight search when you scroll down to see it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.