Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hemon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 4, 2014
Hi,

I wonder if iOS 9.3 on iPhone 6s(+) has shuttering, lags or frames drops as the iPhone 6. Experiences?

Cheers.

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Hi,

I wonder if iOS 9.3 on iPhone 6s(+) has shuttering, lags or frames drops as the iPhone 6. Experiences?

Cheers.

Even an iPad pro will stutter when scrolling in the Music app (for example).

9.3 is best 9 version yet but it's no an iPhone 5/iOS 6 smoothness by any stretch.

Reactions: g75d3

anubis1980

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Hi,

Cheers.

my 6s plus does occasionally stutter, sometimes Ive noticed that when not used for a while, ill pick it up and it is sluggish, seems to disappear after 5-10 mins.

9.3 is the best release of ios 9 anyway, and the 6s plus is a lot better on it than previous releases, still not perfect, but nothing is i guess!

Ashin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2010
Blame Metal if anything - I have noticed Metal really struggles with moving graphics (Emoji keyboard scrolling stutters a lot).

OpenGL never had these issues. For all intents and purposes iOS8 and iOS9 basically looks identical, but performance in really basic areas (scrolling Settings for example) just does not perform as well - the system hasn't been radically overhauled, or some new high definition graphics put in place to cause it. The key change has been the shift from OpenGL to Metal, and we are all suffering as a result (even the newest phones have stutter, so it's not hardware).

Reactions: g75d3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.