Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sohaloh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
London, Ontario
In light of the recent media attention surrounding iPhone security I decided to change my phone passcode from the default 6 digit one to an alphanumeric passcode. However, I have encountered a bug in the quick reply feature. Normally, when a user gets a notification on a locked device the notification appears on the lock screen and can be swiped to bring up the quick reply box and keyboard. When I use an alphanumeric passcode, this breaks quick reply and an empty box appears where the keyboard should be. This bug is reproducible. I use a 16 character alphanumeric passcode since I use touch ID to unlock my phone anyways so the long password doesn't bother me. I sent apple feedback, just wondering if anyone else encounters this on their devices. I am on iOS 9.3 and have a 64GB iPhone 6.

mconk

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Virginia
In light of the recent media attention surrounding iPhone security I decided to change my phone passcode from the default 6 digit one to an alphanumeric passcode. However, I have encountered a bug in the quick reply feature. Normally, when a user gets a notification on a locked device the notification appears on the lock screen and can be swiped to bring up the quick reply box and keyboard. When I use an alphanumeric passcode, this breaks quick reply and an empty box appears where the keyboard should be. This bug is reproducible. I use a 16 character alphanumeric passcode since I use touch ID to unlock my phone anyways so the long password doesn't bother me. I sent apple feedback, just wondering if anyone else encounters this on their devices. I am on iOS 9.3 and have a 64GB iPhone 6.
I just reset my passcode back to an alpha numeric code, rather than the 6 digit numerical code. Will try this tomorrow and see if I can reproduce on a 6s.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.