Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors8731

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 24, 2016
Since I have jumped to iOS 9 (from 8.4.1 to 9.2.1), there seems to be something wrong with my iPhone 5s. If I update apps, they are no longer in correct order on my home screen. Furthermore e.g. the Youtube-app-symbol is shown twice. After restarting the phone everything is alright again. The apps are reordered correctly. What is wrong? How can I fix it? Has anybody noticed this glitch too?

Thanks for your help!

macrumors8731

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 24, 2016
Since I have jumped to iOS 9 (from 8.4.1 to 9.2.1), there seems to be something wrong with my iPhone 5s. If I update apps, they are no longer in correct order on my home screen. Furthermore e.g. the Youtube-app-symbol is shown twice. After restarting the phone everything is alright again. The apps are reordered correctly. What is wrong? How can I fix it? Has anybody noticed this glitch too?

Thanks for your help!

Nobody???

Howard Ellacott

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2012
United Kingdom
I don't have exactly the same issue, but on my 5s updating apps does strange things too. Sometimes they get stuck on installing and I have to restart the phone, other times it says it's updated but then later on it starts installing again, getting very hot in the process. It often deletes the app leaving a greyed out grid icon, and when I download it from the app store again it puts in somewhere else on the home screen, before going back to the original location after a reboot.

Haven't a clue why these happen, assume there's something wrong with the app store in 9.2.1, as I only started getting this after that came out. Sorry I can't actually help!

macrumors8731

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 24, 2016
@Howard Ellacott: Thanks a lot for your answer. Are your sure, this happens for the first time since 9.2.1? What was your previous installed version? Do you update OTA or via iTunes?

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
iphone 6s+/air2: getting stuck on apps updates from time to time. yesterday i wasnt able to update google maps. had to uninstall/install and reboot the phone until it was ok. happening quite often nowadays, so i wouldnt worry about it too much... annoying for sure...

seeing apps twice etc. i would reset my phone. that is not a normal.

macrumors8731

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 24, 2016
I have updated via iTunes from 8.4.1 to 9.2.1. So I think it makes no sense to reset the phone, because it was a "clean install" with backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.