Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
This is a question for those that have iOS 9 installed. Earlier today, it was revealed that Apple Health can now track UV exposure. How is that done? Can Apple Health get this data from an external sensor?

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
Yeah, you are going to need an external sensor for this

Are you aware of any such sensors on the market? So without any external sensors, the app will not produce a value for UV exposure?

Alklha

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know of a complete list of available fields in Apple Health in iOS 9?

I assume the ability to create your own medication trackers still isn't there (like when you take aspirin). But have more basic fields, like sight prescriptions, been added?

Also, does the water tracker act as a reminder?

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know of a complete list of available fields in Apple Health in iOS 9?

I assume the ability to create your own medication trackers still isn't there (like when you take aspirin). But have more basic fields, like sight prescriptions, been added?

Also, does the water tracker act as a reminder?

Are you talking about a list of all the Health Data that the Health app can take? If so, I can post you a screenshot of the entire list from iOS 9 Beta 1. I can't see any medication tracking in the Health app, including sight prescriptions.

Reactions: Alklha

Alklha

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2012
Are you talking about a list of all the Health Data that the Health app can take? If so, I can post you a screenshot of the entire list from iOS 9 Beta 1. I can't see any medication tracking in the Health app, including sight prescriptions.

That's what I meant. I'd certainly appreciate screenshots if you can, thanks!

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK

Attachments

• IMG_2663.PNG
    IMG_2663.PNG
    198 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2664.PNG
    IMG_2664.PNG
    201.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_2665.PNG
    IMG_2665.PNG
    188 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2666.PNG
    IMG_2666.PNG
    195.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2667.PNG
    IMG_2667.PNG
    184.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2668.PNG
    IMG_2668.PNG
    175.1 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: Alklha

lmitch6

macrumors member
May 18, 2015
WA
It may work off of an algorithm of GPS, weather, and/or location services. The phone would know when you're outside and the weather conditions, so it could be that.

Reactions: Hustler1337

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
It may work off of an algorithm of GPS, weather, and/or location services. The phone would know when you're outside and the weather conditions, so it could be that.

Yep, most likely this. Many weather services provide UV information for a location so this will probably be utilised as a data point.

lsquare

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I hate to be rude, but if people are going to respond to this thread, can you please identify whether you have actually used the updated Apple Health in iOS 9? I don't think it's going to do anyone any good with speculation. Either you know what you're talking about or you don't. If you're going to speculate as to how the fields in the app will be filled, then please state it as such so that people don't get confused.

So I just found a bunch of screenshots showing the UV exposure page in the updated Apple Health app. There is an option to "add a data point". I don't know what the following page will look like if I were to select that option. So it seems like a user can manually enter a value. Can someone please confirm this and elaborate on that feature?

It's also great that water consumption can be calculated, but I'd imagine it'll be a bit of a chore if there's no automated way to measure consumption.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.