Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tortin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
Last night I attempted to connect to my school's Wi-Fi network on the beta, but after entering my username/password and accepting the network certificate, my phone is unable to connect. I don't get any error message, it just attempts to connect and then stops. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

charlieasmith96

macrumors member
May 17, 2013
I have this exact same problem at my university with Eduroam WiFi. I think it is something to do with WiFi with certain types of logins/encryptions. If anybody could help this would be great!

Tortin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
I was having the same issue, "Reset Network Settings" solved the problem for me.
I'm reinstalling iOS 9 to check this now. Thanks!

EDIT: Did not solve the problem for me. Still can't connect

Last edited:

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
What I am observing is slightly different. Wifi is available via Airport Express (latest gen). It connects, and occasionally reverts back to mobile data and I have to switch wifi off and back on and wait a while for it to get back on wifi. Apple and Wifi... resolve your differences already.. Don't be a bad couple.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
What I am observing is slightly different. Wifi is available via Airport Express (latest gen). It connects, and occasionally reverts back to mobile data and I have to switch wifi off and back on and wait a while for it to get back on wifi. Apple and Wifi... resolve your differences already.. Don't be a bad couple.

I'm getting this as well, but just waiting in the WiFi screen makes it reconnect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.