Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blaze756

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2015
Victoria, Australia
I just updated my iPhone 6 to the latest iOS 9 beta (beta 3) and instantly realized that the new News app was missing from my home screen. After searching my Settings app it directed me to iCloud settings. I loaded up the iCloud settings and found that it was missing from there also. Has anyone else had this problem?

moomanjohnny

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2014
California
Go to Settings -> General -> About and post your build number. It's right by the version number. Also, do you happen to be in the UK?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I just updated my iPhone 6 to the latest iOS 9 beta (beta 3) and instantly realized that the new News app was missing from my home screen. After searching my Settings app it directed me to iCloud settings. I loaded up the iCloud settings and found that it was missing from there also. Has anyone else had this problem?

It appears that the News app is currently a "US only" proposition.

Reactions: scarecrowmac

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
News will be available worldwide at launch, however with the launch of iOS 9 beta 3 today with News it is a US only exclusive. I would expect the public beta of iOS 9 will have the News app for all countries.

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
well that is NEWS to me, & probably several others

where was that said..?

During WWDC, Apple News will launch starting in the United States, United Kingdoms and Australia, however its seems that in Beta 3 Apple is beginning in the US and then migrate to the UK followed by Australia. It seems that Apple wants to work out the kinks of News in the US first, and once developers/users are pleased then the rollout will continue.

Reactions: Yun0

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
Settings>General>Languages & Region>Region>change to United States. Do a Reboot of your iPhone and it'll show. Had to do this in the UK.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
News will be available worldwide at launch, however with the launch of iOS 9 beta 3 today with News it is a US only exclusive. I would expect the public beta of iOS 9 will have the News app for all countries.
Except China.

jsamuels

Contributor
Feb 16, 2008
Roma

Not US exclusive. I live in Italy and received the NEWS app with the beta OTA update. My developer account is tied to Italy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.