Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kidflash96609

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2015
United States
Hi,

I have an iPhone 4s running the latest version of iOS 8.3. I heard that iOS 9 was coming this fall which i'm very happy to hear about. I was planning on getting the beta version of iOS 9 on my iPhone 4s. I wanted to know if there was any website where i can get the beta version without using a PC or Mac? I really don't want to use a PC or Mac to get the beta version because it's too much work for me. I really don't want too wait until iOS 9 gets released i just want the beta version of it. Please tell me if there's anyway to get it. On apple.com i joined the Apple Beta Software Program using my Apple ID to sign in to join. Anyway feel free to reply back to my thread ASAP...

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Well you have to use iTunes to install the beta...

Your best bet is to wait until the public beta, and find access to a computer.

Reactions: ZebraDude

Mengels7

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2009
Ugh i'll still install the beta... Because i don't want to wait until iOS 9 gets released in the fall it's too far for me XD
But consider that you may not see any benefits until it is fully polished in the fall. The betas may all be worse than what you have now, especially on an ancient device like the 4S.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Ugh i'll still install the beta... Because i don't want to wait until iOS 9 gets released in the fall it's too far for me XD
You do know betas (especially the first one) are full of bugs and can be pretty laggy and slow right? It'll likely make your phone worse.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
If you are asking if you will need a cable to install a different number OS, you best not do it.

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
5911026996_ec2f3e890f_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.