Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunt2013

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
Just getting opinions but on my fresh install of iOS 9 GM without an applied backup I am getting tons of issues across the board. Wi-Fi dropping when previously it wouldn't. Toggle switches taking 2-3 hits before actually working. D&D turning itself off randomly when scheduled to be on.

Just tons of little issues I haven't noticed. The OS felt quite polished with the last beta but the GM just feels backwards.

edit: new issue is push email seems to be broken as well. Not pushing for iCloud, Outlook, or Exchange.

Last edited:

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Holy UI beta bugs batman!!
Mind you, my iPhone backup isn't even showing up although it claims to have backed up last night...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 530
Reactions: lovewd

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
strange, i think this really highlights how issues can be very device/configuration specific. i can honestly say my iphone 6 is performing better on GM than the last beta. that is based mostly on smoothness and responsiveness. i have had no issues like the ones you mention. sorry this is no help for you. and not saying i don't believe you. just saying it really highlights how variable it can be. tis a shame they can't get a more universal experience.

Reactions: Steve J0bs

dearfriendx

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
San Diego, CA
Mileage always varies with these software builds, honestly. I held option and clicked update in iTunes to update from the public beta. I removed the profile a couple weeks ago just because. It updated smoothly. When I first unlocked it and messaged my girlfriend a little, it had a low frame rate. But I locked it and kept watching my TV show and about 15 min later I assume it finished indexing. It has been great since then and hopefully onward.

netsped

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
It's working great for me. Did a complete restore, no backup.

The only thing that's wrong is that Fantastical isn't working with the GM, they are releasing an update next week so I just have to wait.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Apple should just forget the GM and release 9.1 next week instead.

I'm half joking, of course--9.1 needs to be thoroughly tested––but hopefully they are pretty speedy with a 9.0.1 release.

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
It's working great for me. Did a complete restore, no backup.

The only thing that's wrong is that Fantastical isn't working with the GM, they are releasing an update next week so I just have to wait.
They already released it FYI

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.