Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t0niX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
Hello together,

since the update to iOS 9 PB 2 I have the problem that I won't get any vibration on incoming calls. The screen flashes with a bit of delay but the vibration is missing. If I set the ring/silent hardware switch to ring, vibration works without any problems.

To give you some device information:
  1. Hardware: iPhone 6 128 GB
  2. iOS 9 PB 2 (13A4305g)
Settings (to shorten the discussion):
  • Settings > Sounds > Vibrate on Ring (ON)
  • Settings > Sounds > Vibrate on Silent (ON)
  • Settings > Sounds > Ringtone > Vibration (Alert (Default))
What I tried to resolve the issue:
  1. Checked and switched (ON > OFF > ON) all associated settings
  2. Reset all settings (General > Reset > Reset All Settings)
  3. Restored my iPhone and imported a backup via iTunes
Nothing of the above helped.

What I noticed to reconstruct the issue:
  1. Downgrade to iOS 8.4 and configuration as new device: NO issue, vibrate on silent worked.
  2. Update to iOS 9 PB 2: NO issue, vibrate on silent worked.
  3. Import my backup via iTunes to restore my content: ISSUE, vibrate on silent DOESN'T work.
My question is if there's a way to resolve the issue and if this is a known problem?!

Please let me know, kind regards,
Tobias

Last edited:

mattr 76

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2007
Witney, UK
I'm getting the same, although my phone on an incoming call doesn't even light up, hitting the home button to light the screen shows the call ringing.

Oddly, the icon for the phone no longer shows since yesterday, its the standard blank icon.

Barso89

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2013
Italy
I have experienced the same issue on an iPhone 6+ 64 GB, with iOS 9 PB 2. My phone won't vibrate nor ring.
I have tried to do a clean install of iOS 9 PB 2 and all was working just fine. Nevertheless restoring the backup the "bug" popped up again. I've ended up in restoring iOS 8.4. I can't notice any issue now.

t0niX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
Glad I'm not the only one. Any attempts to fix this? Did it start with iOS 9 PB 2 at your end?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Has anyone tried resetting all settings (assuming a simple reboot doesn't fix things)?

t0niX

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2015
As mentioned in my first post - yes, and in addition lots more than that!

Last edited:

Barso89

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2013
Italy
I have skipped PB 1 so I really can't tell you whether it started from the 2th public beta or not. However, answering to C DM, I've tried both resetting network settings and resetting all settings. Heretofore the only way I've found to avoid the problem is to do a complete reset (even data) and DO NOT restore a backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.