Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h4nc0

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2014
I am having a problem with all videos (both streaming and offline) not playing at all on my iPhone 6. On my iPad, videos play fine, but no go on the iPhone. Anybody else having a similar problem? ;(

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
I am having a problem with all videos (both streaming and offline) not playing at all on my iPhone 6. On my iPad, videos play fine, but no go on the iPhone. Anybody else having a similar problem? ;(

Same/similar problem here. Most of the videos I try to play on my iPad play the audio but leave the video screen black. Works every time on the 6+. I don't have issues with using You Tube via the application but do get the black screen if the video is linked or imbedded.

Reactions: QuarterSwede

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Same/similar problem here. Most of the videos I try to play on my iPad play the audio but leave the video screen black. Works every time on the 6+. I don't have issues with using You Tube via the application but do get the black screen if the video is linked or imbedded.

Like mpfuchs said above you. "Strange"

My iPhone 6 has played all videos just fine on PB 1.

lionsy

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
I have this problem on my 5S and iPad air 2, I can fix it by pausing the video that won't play and then dragging the scrubber forward, unpausing, then move it all the way back to the start again and they start playing for me. Otherwise no videos will play for me.

KingCoffee

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009

Ditto here. The strange thing is that video played fine on iOS9 right up until yesterday.

KingCoffee

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2009
Videos now play with today's update, but there is a noticeable lag before they start playing.

alansvt

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2015
unable to play videos on my IPHONE 5s. But every so often it does play the audio.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
On my iPhone 6 Plus I get the black screen when embedded videos play. If I go out and refresh the page (if possible) it'll usually start playing with the video. Submit a bug report using the Feedback app folks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.