Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dmooney9

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2015
One of the major problems with the swipe right from the home screen is that if you use the search bar as a general web search function it's more likely not to work then work. If you're search term doesn't pull up anything in your emails your apps or your other Spotlight search areas then the correct function should give you a choice to search the web for Wikipedia and that's just not working consistently. I have to keep the Google search app on my home screen for this purpose

Reactions: QuarterSwede

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
One of the major problems with the swipe right from the home screen is that if you use the search bar as a general web search function it's more likely not to work then work. If you're search term doesn't pull up anything in your emails your apps or your other Spotlight search areas then the correct function should give you a choice to search the web for Wikipedia and that's just not working consistently. I have to keep the Google search app on my home screen for this purpose
Agreed. All you get now is, well, nothing. Use the Feedback app. It works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.