Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kirbyrun

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 26, 2009
I'm currently traveling and can't upgrade, but I'm wondering if someone who has upgraded can tell me: Did Apple fix Airdrop?

In iOS8, every time my wife or I tries to Airdrop something to one another, we get "Waiting" forever, until one of us (doesn't matter if it's sender or receiver) switches Airplane mode on then off. Then we can Airdrop just fine.

Has this annoying bug been fixed?

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
I'm currently traveling and can't upgrade, but I'm wondering if someone who has upgraded can tell me: Did Apple fix Airdrop?

In iOS8, every time my wife or I tries to Airdrop something to one another, we get "Waiting" forever, until one of us (doesn't matter if it's sender or receiver) switches Airplane mode on then off. Then we can Airdrop just fine.

Has this annoying bug been fixed?

You thought they would fix it, silly to think that.

coldjeanzzz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
I'm surprised that Airdrop didn't work well for so many people. I honestly have never had issues doing it with either my iPhone or other people

getrealbro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2015
After upgrading my trusty iPhone 3g, which spent too much time in the pool, to a 6s on launch day, I was looking forward to using AirDrop to copy some data/photos from my wife’s 5s without the hassle of using iTunes. BUT…

Even with extensive Google-ing and fiddling with settings, I could only get the two iPhones to recognize each other for a few seconds. And they didn’t AirDrop a single byte. So I reluctantly used the schizophrenic iTunes* app to handle the data transfer.

— GetRealBro

* It seems to me that the iPhone has outgrown the historical connection to the music/video app — iTunes — which has grown into a multi-headed 300+MB monster. The iPhone deserves a separate app to handle its backup/file-transfer/app-updater needs.

johny979

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2014
Spain
In my iPhone 6 with ios9 and Macbook Air 2011 with Modded continuity no issues
Always work perfect

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.