Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac23456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
I want to jailbreak my iPhone 4s, but I cannot sign the Phoenix5b.ipa app, the normal way I would. I sign using iOS App Signer, and I get an error like this in Xcode: Unable to install Phoenix5bSigned.ipa. I have tried installing through Apple Configurator 2, and Finder (I'm on Big Sur) and I have not had any success.

I have previously used the same method on my iPad 3. That works.
Any help appreciated.

Joho2078

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2019
I want to jailbreak my iPhone 4s, but I cannot sign the Phoenix5b.ipa app, the normal way I would. I sign using iOS App Signer, and I get an error like this in Xcode: Unable to install Phoenix5bSigned.ipa. I have tried installing through Apple Configurator 2, and Finder (I'm on Big Sur) and I have not had any success.

I have previously used the same method on my iPad 3. That works.
Any help appreciated.
I have a 4s .if I can find the charger I'll see if I can jailbreak mine

mac23456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
You will probably be able to. I am running on 9.3.5, and the reason I want to jailbreak is so I can downgrade to iOS 6. I think that apple have temporarily stopped me signing apps.

Joho2078

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2019
You will probably be able to. I am running on 9.3.5, and the reason I want to jailbreak is so I can downgrade to iOS 6. I think that apple have temporarily stopped me signing apps.
You can downgrade to ios 6? Or at least want to? But why?

mac23456

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2021
Yes. You can downgrade to iOS 6. Easily and without your own blobs on the 4s. However, I have been asked why everywhere I go on this website. The answer is simple. I think iOS 7 and later looks ugly. Therefore, the most obvious solution is to use an OS earlier than iOS 7. And since I didn't save blobs, I have to use a 4s and an iPad 2.

For more, go here: https://github.com/LukeZGD/iOS-OTA-Downgrader.git

nellcisneros

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2021
I used AltServerPatcher to install app on my iOS, although I know there's some signing service out on the web. Oh, and you may try using PandaHelp Reg from Safari.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.