Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phat^Trance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Are there any apps that allows me to view photos taken today, but from previous years (that are in my photo gallery)?
It would be nice to view what photos ive taken on this day, but trough all previous years :)

djs71a

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2015
I don't think this worked in previous iOS versions, but with iOS 17, I was able to search "sep 19" and it showed me all photos taken on September 19, regardless of year.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
I back my photos up into OneDrive and that does this. Every morning at 9am i get a notification saying i can look at photos on this day and it shows any photo on this day that i've got on there. I sort them all into various folders once they've backed up automatically and it still manages to find and show them on this feature.

This morning its brought up a few from a trip to California from the UK we made back in 2019 and a random one of our dog from 2016.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
I do know a few dedicated photo widget apps but not sure if any of them support the feature you are asking for. I think it's either selecting a specific photo or a selection of photos or a complete album folder.
The one from Cromulent Labs (the developer of the excellent Launcher widgets) has quite some features but not sure if this is one of them. The developer might be open to feedback though to implement this.

A selection of some widgets (majority is pay once):
* Smart Photo Widget (by Cromulent Labs) - last update September 2022
* Photo Widget - The Best One
* Photo Widget - Picture Collage (also has support for latest StandBy mode)
* Pin Photo - Photo Widget (last update January 2022)
* PhotoLink widget

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.