Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marjen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
So I use the Apple Remote app via the control center. I have upgraded my Apple TVs to tvOS 17. For the first couple days everything worked fine. But now the tv/home button will not work at all. I have tried it with both Apple TVs I own, one is 4k gen 1 the other is a prior version. i have tried the app on 2 iPhones, 1 on Ios 17 and one on 16.6. Also tried on an iPad with iOS 17 and it does not work with any of the devices now. Anyone else have this issue?

Edd70

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
Mine’s working fine. It’s a 4K 2nd Gen ATV and the phone is an SE2. Home button works normally.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
So I use the Apple Remote app via the control center. I have upgraded my Apple TVs to tvOS 17. For the first couple days everything worked fine. But now the tv/home button will not work at all. I have tried it with both Apple TVs I own, one is 4k gen 1 the other is a prior version. i have tried the app on 2 iPhones, 1 on Ios 17 and one on 16.6. Also tried on an iPad with iOS 17 and it does not work with any of the devices now. Anyone else have this issue?

Have you tried restarting all devices? Does the Home/TV button work on the physical remote device?

Mine’s working fine. It’s a 4K 2nd Gen ATV and the phone is an SE2. Home button works normally.
Same... multiple ATVs (3 gen 4K and HD) and it works fine - tvOS 17 and iOS 17.02 on iPhone 14 Pro Max.

Bigtam

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2023
I’m having the exact same issues, no response from the home button all of a sudden on both my iPhone and my Apple TV remote. I can see the light flash on my Apple TV box when I press the home button but it doesn’t do anything when pressed.

Reactions: robertmorris2

marjen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
I’m having the exact same issues, no response from the home button all of a sudden on both my iPhone and my Apple TV remote. I can see the light flash on my Apple TV box when I press the home button but it doesn’t do anything when pressed.
Yes mine also registers the click visually on the phone but nothing happens.

Bigtam

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2023
Yes mine also registers the click visually on the phone but nothing happens.
Mines is now working and I done 2 things but I’m not sure which one fixed it. I removed any additional accounts on the Apple TV , I.e my wife’s iCloud account. I then unplugged the Apple TV and waiting about 10 seconds and plugged it back in and now it’s working. Hopefully this fixes your issue as well.

Reactions: AmpSkillz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.