Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FranknStein7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2017
I have a bit of an odd issue. I've noticed that apps download extremely slowly on my iPhone X and iPad Pro (running 11.2). It will take 20 minutes to download an app that is just a few megabytes. I always assumed the App store was just slow, but I've noticed that when I'm on different networks the apps download 10x faster. This is NOT related to my network speed. I have a 100 mbps internet connection, and any other forms of downloading on my network runs close to that speed. I'm guessing this is some weird network config issue. My router is a Linksys WRT32X. Any ideas?
[doublepost=1518358931][/doublepost]Actually I was just able to fix this. A simply reset of my Linksys router fixed this on my iPhone. Interestingly, that didn't fix the iPad. For the iPad, I reset the network settings, and now things seem to be working fine.

Edit 2: Aaaand both iPhone and iPad are back to downloading extremely slowly. I don't get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: reviewlancer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.