Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s.horsfield

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
New Zealand
Hello all,

This probably pertains to all of iOS but I'm on iOS 7 so I'll post here - oh and yes I'm a developer before anyone jumps down my throat.

I'm the type that usually will setup and get the most out of every little feature in iOS but Autofill has never really been one of them. Until today when I realised I use it heaps on OS X and figure it'll be useful on iOS.

So I set it up and I figure I'll try it on a few sites. It works for the most part. These are hardly huge issues/bugs (those I just submit to Apple but this I have no prior experience with and it's not big)

Firstly Autofill doesn't figure out some pretty basic stuff. Like for example on a localized site it'll give a few options (with a picker) of 027, 021, 022, 020 etc. Basically the local cell phone numbers suffixes dependant on carrier. I would have assumed it would take the 027 off my Autofill contact information, picked it from the picker and put the rest of the data in the text field. It doesn't... Is this across all of iOS or only iOS 7?

Secondly and probably more annoyingly. It'll default to using my work email, is their a way to change this? I almost never use my work email to sign up for accounts.

I get these aren't massive issues that'll ruin my everyday but it's the little things like this that could be improved upon. Especially with Apple preaching perfection. If these issues are across of iOS I'll submit feedback to Apple. If it's beta stuff, it'll likely be fixed.

Thanks in advance,
Simon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.