Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
I got the iOS launcher and lockscreen on my tablet by not an iOS theme for the status bar/system UI. I am also in need of a a keyboard... Anyone know of one? Thanks!

Last edited:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Do you know where I can find the slider? I got the app

Open the app > tap and hold your current lock screen slider > remove > tap and hold on lock screen > custom slider > change "Theme [android]" to "iphone" >press done.

You can also move the slider around.

Screenshot:

2012-10-15 02.37.36-1.png

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009
Cause android beats iOS in all areas except home screen and lock screen. Best of both worlds. Its the Hannah Montana of tablets

Really. The iOS home screen sucks. Its just a grid of icons. The lock screen is pretty underwhelming as well. Its has pattern unlock and many other modes.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Open the app > tap and hold your current lock screen slider > remove > tap and hold on lock screen > custom slider > change "Theme [android]" to "iphone" >press done.

You can also move the slider around.

Screenshot:

View attachment 369520

That's the ugliest slider I've ever seen. Have you even seen an iPad?

The difference between iOS and Android? Human art vs. Robot design.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    630.7 KB · Views: 134

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

I don't use that slider. I just gave the OP the closest thing I can think of. If you don't like it then don't use it. At least the OP has the option of changing how his slider looks.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Cause android beats iOS in all areas except home screen and lock screen. Best of both worlds. Its the Hannah Montana of tablets

That's not a good thing.

They're similar enough.

The Android at least has a clock/date. Just gotta change the background to something more appealing. Slider itself is shorter on the iOS one...but nothing starkly different...

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
That's not a good thing.

They're similar enough.

The Android at least has a clock/date. Just gotta change the background to something more appealing. Slider itself is shorter on the iOS one...but nothing starkly different...

I think the point he was trying to make is iOS > Android.

Looks like he's jailbroken and he does have the date at the top.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
I think the point he was trying to make is iOS > Android.

Looks like he's jailbroken and he does have the date at the top.

Obviously he sees a need to make ios better if he's jailbroken.

And for those of you who say its unrealistic, I know. I'm trying to make a nice slider now.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Obviously he sees a need to make ios better if he's jailbroken.

And for those of you who say its unrealistic, I know. I'm trying to make a nice slider now.

That's exactly what I was thinking. My old 4S was jailbroken and I did enjoy it a lot more that way so I'm definitely not against jailbreaking :p

It's your phone and you can do with it whatever you want as far as I'm concerned. And after all you made this thread just for that, not to argue which OS looks or works better.

Orange Furball

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 18, 2012
Scranton, PA, USA
That's exactly what I was thinking. My old 4S was jailbroken and I did enjoy it a lot more that way so I'm definitely not against jailbreaking :p

It's your phone and you can do with it whatever you want as far as I'm concerned. And after all you made this thread just for that, not to argue which OS looks or works better.

Thanks for your help with everything!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.