Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ray6712

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
StL
Hey guys I figure we could start a thread where we all request feautures from Apple!

Features like autocorrect that reads your messages on the phone and learns slang and words we use daily!

Or face Id being used to unlock certain pics in our phones if we all get together Apple will see these and hopefully implement them!

Nacho98

Suspended
Jul 11, 2019
A freaking whitepoint slider.

True Tone and Nightshift are off of course. Color Filters which applies a nasty tint filter over the whole screen and messes with all the colors is NOT a substitute.

I compared my Xs to multiple display models and mine was actually one of the whitest ones which made me feel better, while some were way, way warmer and downright dingy looking. Yet, at certain times, even without comparing my phone to anything else, viewing it standalone, the overly warm screen sticks out to me and I notice it. Pretty bad when you can see how yellow the screen is when the phone is entirely on its own and you aren't comparing it to any other screen nor have you looked at any other screen in recent moments right beforehand.

I'm just tired of the screens getting warmer and warmer and warmer every year, they have gotten warmer every single year after the 6/6s were released and eventually it went too far. They claim a color accurate 6500K whitepoint, but so is my MBP and I can tell you they are worlds apart, so if one device is 6500K, one clearly isn't - not even close. And I will tell you right now the MBP looks worlds nicer. I also couldn't care less about color accuracy on a phone, I don't recall anyone complaining about how awfully inaccurate the crisp whites on the 6/6s were...

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
I want multitasking but I know it will never happen. I want to control my phone like a computer where i can keep multiple things open at the same time without fear that if I temporarily look up something else that my PC is gonna close my app on me. I hate that if I’m playing Pokémon GO and then go to my camera to take a Portrait Mode picture the phone “intelligently” handles my RAM by closing Pokémon GO. Or switching from one app to another and I lose all the data I entered into a form when I flip over to an email to look up some confirmation number or something like that. Or if I haven’t used Spotify for a while and then get back in my car that my phone just plays the same stupid tracks I have saved to my phone rather than opening up Spotify again. On a side note, I hate that if I try to use the Pandora app on my car I have to pull my phone out of my pocket to give it authorization. I also would like to be able to read an email or a text or something while I wait for a website or video to buffer (i.e. I want things to continue to buffer even if I’m not currently looking at it). Also, it seems like we need better buffering of a video... like, it doesn’t keep enough stored in the memory. If I skip back and forth through videos it always seems to cause issues even if I’ve already watched the whole thing (essentially meaning the whole video has already been downloaded). Why does it need to buffer again? I want more RAM!!

Also, Apple’s integrated keychain could use some improvement. And a higher refresh rate so scrolling is smoother would be nice. Or going back through pictures that have been sent back and forth through messages, but I think this falls back to not enough RAM.

Also a better way of controlling the brightness of the phone without PWM. (I already have the accessibility thing set up so I can switch back and forth applying the filter to reduce brightness, but it would be nice if I could this through the entire brightness gradient rather than essentially just having two levels of brightness that don’t flicker).

Last edited:

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Just stopping incoming calls / FaceTime from completely flooding my screen and halting whatever else I’m doing would do me just fine.

It even interrupts video recording!
Yes!!!!!! You would think Apple execs would likely experience the same amount of telemarking calls, and therefore feel out pain. iOS 13 is one thing that can help but I would want calls to not interrupt everything.

ray6712

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
StL
Just stopping incoming calls / FaceTime from completely flooding my screen and halting whatever else I’m doing would do me just fine.

So let’s all make request to get our wishes heard if we make an effort to flood them with this there’s a good chance they will make it happen

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016

Would the do not disturb mode not help in this scenario?

You will also find many iPhone users who actually use the phone functionality all the time and kind of see it as the primary thing to do with a phone.

This may not apply to other iOS devices so much, so I guess if DND isn’t a solution some more options to fine-tune the phone and FaceTime would be a good idea.

Personally, I’d like my mail rules from the Mac in iOS finally. Even if I’d have to put them in manually.

Oh, and while we’re at it, maybe some email signature integration.

craigio85

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Would the do not disturb mode not help in this scenario?

You will also find many iPhone users who actually use the phone functionality all the time and kind of see it as the primary thing to do with a phone.

This may not apply to other iOS devices so much, so I guess if DND isn’t a solution some more options to fine-tune the phone and FaceTime would be a good idea.

Personally, I’d like my mail rules from the Mac in iOS finally. Even if I’d have to put them in manually.

Oh, and while we’re at it, maybe some email signature integration.
DND does alleviate this to an extent, but it’s not flexible enough and it requires you to remember to turn it on when you’re doing things you don’t want interrupted. I think it’s possibly a wider issue in that there’s not enough flexibility with notifications.

For example, if i’m in the middle of recording a video, it would be useful to be able to see an incoming call notification that doesn’t cancel my video recording, so the choice of whether to interrupt is mine. It’s as if iOS hasn’t adapted to the fact that most people’s primary use of an iPhone isn’t making and receiving calls - as such, I think it’s dated to have call notifications trumping whatever else you might be doing.

It’s also a peculiarity of iOS that you can’t dismiss a call / FaceTime notification without actually rejecting the call (thus letting the other party know you rejected it). If it appeared as just a bar at the top of the screen, I could finish the sentence i’m typing before choosing to accept.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.