Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjwhite3114

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2017
I'm a high school teacher and have been mirroring my iPad screen via AppleTV for several years. All my students have iPads, too. Works great and allows me to walk around the room while teaching. Two things that have really annoyed me about iOS 11 thus far:

1. To disconnect screen mirroring, I have to swipe up and the class sees all open apps in the app switcher/control center combo. If I played a game during lunch -- there is the screen shot for the kids to see. May not be a big deal, but I find it a little annoying and unprofessional.

2. Side-by-side multitask enabling is no longer available with a simple right to left swipe. My students often use a side-docked calculator app or notability for scratch work when working on their online material in safari -- and like to toggle it on and off a lot. The process of bringing in an app to the sidebar (if that app is not in the dock) is not easy, quick, or intuitive in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.