Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
iOS is intriguing in ways that are not necessarily consumer facing.

We are already seeing the this manifest in applications. For instance Algoriddim's Djay now supports multiple outputs in iOS 6 (a new feature)

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/algoriddim-updates-djay-for-ios-6-and-iphone-5-563511

In addition to the multi-channel/multi-route functionality they also have integrated the store kit framework for accessing iTunes content right from within the app.

There's been some nice bluetooth functionality added to iOS 6 as well. Expect to see 2013 become a watershed year for Bluetooth SMART devices.

I'm not bored with iOS 6. I realize that the "paint" hasn't changed but there have been some nice modifications to the engine that will deliver some nice real world features.

throAU

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
I'm bored with the current traffic signs, the government should change them all and make them look pretty.

nuckinfutz gets it.

the UI is done. the vast majority of changes in iOS from here on out at likely to be internal to enable better APPS.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
Operating Systems job is to let the software comunicate with the hardware that is all it should do. iOS does exactly that and nothing more (maybe a little more). I understand your bordom with the interface though. Being new to iOS it hasn't hit me yet. All that said Android gets boring after 6 months as well. fandroids will say oh but you have widgets and you can flash ROMs still boring... I think Windows Mobile 6 was still the best for cool features. Anyone ever use Co0kie Monster add on for WM6? It was really cool.

Here is a pretty good Youtube video of it in action. I can remember the developer worked really hard and kept adding really cool features. Oh the old days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9LoBv8D76Y&feature=related

Oh wow, yep, I remember those days too. I really loved flashing new ROMs especially with cookie's addons. I still have a couple of those phones. I turned into a 'flashaholic'. My husband just shook his head.

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I'm bored with the current traffic signs, the government should change them all and make them look pretty.

nuckinfutz gets it.

the UI is done. the vast majority of changes in iOS from here on out at likely to be internal to enable better APPS.

Sometimes I come back to read this post for laughs.

Reactions: Dented
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.