Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dogsluvtrux

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2010
Since getting iPhone 14 and latest IOS - I have been having what I would consider some rather troubling security issues.

They have occured with my data being shared with my wife's iCloud. We do have a family configured for iCloud - but these issues have never been present before.

The first issue was my text messages showing up on my wife's iCloud account. She couldn't understand why some random numbers were suddenly appearing in her messages app - both on the computer and phone. Not every txt thread - just some. The ones that did appear would show the entire history - some going back years.

The more troubling one - is that certain items from my wallet were appearing in the wallet on her iPhone. She has never logged in from her iPhone, or anywhere, to my iCloud. However - about 50% of the items in my wallet were appearing in hers. The items ranged from credit cards, to vaccination cards, to a badge that grants access to a secure data center. Apple has no explanation for how these items migrated from my wallet to hers, or that if these items might also be appearing in some random other persons's iCloud account.

Has anyone else seen similar security breaches in there current IOS?

The wallet ticket is still 'open' - but I've heard nothing back from them and since the items have been removed from her wallet - I'm sure Apple believes this is resolved. So wondering if anyone else has experienced things that should not be shared between iCloud accounts or devices appearing on others' devices.

Thanks

DaveS86

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2022
Your wallet appearing in her wallet, now that is a truly scary occurrence 😂

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
Since getting iPhone 14 and latest IOS - I have been having what I would consider some rather troubling security issues.

They have occured with my data being shared with my wife's iCloud. We do have a family configured for iCloud - but these issues have never been present before.

The first issue was my text messages showing up on my wife's iCloud account. She couldn't understand why some random numbers were suddenly appearing in her messages app - both on the computer and phone. Not every txt thread - just some. The ones that did appear would show the entire history - some going back years.

The more troubling one - is that certain items from my wallet were appearing in the wallet on her iPhone. She has never logged in from her iPhone, or anywhere, to my iCloud. However - about 50% of the items in my wallet were appearing in hers. The items ranged from credit cards, to vaccination cards, to a badge that grants access to a secure data center. Apple has no explanation for how these items migrated from my wallet to hers, or that if these items might also be appearing in some random other persons's iCloud account.

Has anyone else seen similar security breaches in there current IOS?

The wallet ticket is still 'open' - but I've heard nothing back from them and since the items have been removed from her wallet - I'm sure Apple believes this is resolved. So wondering if anyone else has experienced things that should not be shared between iCloud accounts or devices appearing on others' devices.

Thanks
It sounds as if you and your wife are sharing a single Apple ID. Are you?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
This seems to be an apple ID cock up. I’d sign every device out of iCloud, then add them again one by one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.