Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
I use the stock iOS Mail app for my iCloud email account. I delete emails, only to go back in the app later in the day and the same emails are back in my Inbox, which then I have to delete again.

Why does the stock iOS Mail app keep doing this? Anyone else experience this? Sorry if this has been covered before.

Reactions: Valyrian

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
hi

its possible the reason why you need to delete email twice has to do with the way you have set up your IMAP mail folders.
meaning, if you are choosing to keep sent mail on yr device or on the server; or where you keep your deleted mail (in the server's folders or in your device's folders). etc.

you can tell your iOS Mail accounts where to store its mail. you might want to play around with those settings to see if it results in Mail only needing to be deleted once.

Reactions: Marc_S

AMTYVLE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Florida
This is just getting worse and nothing fixes it. I literally deleted the same emails 6 times already this morning every time I open the Mail app on my phone. What an atrocious stock Mail app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.