Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yumzone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019
Birmingham UK
Hi there

I hope this post is in the correct section.

I’m needing help with my ‘real’ mail that gets sent straight to the junk folder, I have tried sending each message back to the inbox but time and time again the same messages, in this case eBay are still being sent to the junk box.

It’s not only eBay messages, there have been others go straight to Junk?

Is there anyway of taking them off what might be a spam list?

Many thanks

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
iOS has no built-in mail rules or filtering so anything that is being placed in your Junk/Spam folder is either being done so by a different device or, more likely, your email provider.

How do fix it if it's your provider can be stated generally (fix it at your webmail portal) or if you specify who's hosting the email more specific advice can be given.

Reactions: NoBoMac

yumzone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2019
Birmingham UK
iOS has no built-in mail rules or filtering so anything that is being placed in your Junk/Spam folder is either being done so by a different device or, more likely, your email provider.

How do fix it if it's your provider can be stated generally (fix it at your webmail portal) or if you specify who's hosting the email more specific advice can be given.
I’m using yahoo.co.uk

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
To add to what @BrianBaughn said, if "sending back to the inbox" means you are forwarding the email to yourself, then your mail provider will just keep filtering it. Need to select the message and "Move" it.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
I wonder if you used Mac to setup rules. Outlook needs to be done in desktop or web.

It is a major problem. Apple Store is also going to junk.

No. Mail has drop down actions to MOVE message. No forwarding. Same happens in Outlook on Android too.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I’m using yahoo.co.uk
If it's anything like yahoo.com for email then there are things to try at the webmail portal.

In the case of yahoo.com…if you, in a web browser on a computer, are logged in at the webmail portal and looking at a message in the spam folder you can mark it as "not spam" and hopefully Yahoo will pick up on your choice. You can do this also on the Yahoo Mail app…at least for the US version of Yahoo.

Additionally, at the web portal, you can create a filter to move all email from a sender to the Inbox…which should override any pesky spam filtering they do. I don't see a way to create filters on the Yahoo Mail iOS app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.