Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neilfau

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
UK
I have had a weird bug this morning... my iPhone X memory was suddenly full and kept freezing when I was trying to turn the alarm off.... I decided to restart the phone and it basically bricked it and was stuck on the apple logo. Ive put it in recovery mode and im in the process of doing a full restore. Now this is where it gets weirder.... I also have an old iPhone 5, I checked it this morning and it also has no storage and is completely full even though there is just a few apps installed. When I go to manage storage it says 28.41GB used but if you add up what each app is using its about 2.5GB used. Anyone have any ideas whats caused both phones to fill up the memory at the same time?

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I have had a weird bug this morning... my iPhone X memory was suddenly full and kept freezing when I was trying to turn the alarm off.... I decided to restart the phone and it basically bricked it and was stuck on the apple logo. Ive put it in recovery mode and im in the process of doing a full restore. Now this is where it gets weirder.... I also have an old iPhone 5, I checked it this morning and it also has no storage and is completely full even though there is just a few apps installed. When I go to manage storage it says 28.41GB used but if you add up what each app is using its about 2.5GB used. Anyone have any ideas whats caused both phones to fill up the memory at the same time?
What do the two phones use or have in common? If it’s affecting both phones it can’t be a hardware issue so I’d be leaning towards some sort of corruption in the software. I’d restore one phone as new using iTunes and see if the problem goes away. If it does, restore it again using your backup and see what happens. If the issue comes back, your backup is no good anymore and you’ll have to start from new then add all your apps. When you sign into iCloud all your photos and other data will be reinstalled. It takes awhile but it eliminates any possibility of reintroducing any problems

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.