Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Is this an update change, did they really do away with Bold text or is it now hiding somewhere inconvenient? The selection used to sit right above the keypad...
:eek:

a7thton

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2015
USA
Is this an update change, did they really do away with Bold text or is it now hiding somewhere inconvenient? The selection used to sit right above the keypad...
:eek:

I haven't updated Pages yet, but does Command-B work?

(Highlight text, press command-B)

a7thton

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2015
USA
This is the iOS version of Pages I'm referencing, don't think there is a Command button? For regular Pages, I still use Pages 09.

Ok, on the iOS version of Pages (iPad anyhow) the bold function is located in the menu directly above the keyboard labeled "AA".

It should be just above the letter "P".

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Ok, on the iOS version of Pages (iPad anyhow) the bold function is located in the menu directly above the keyboard labeled "AA".

It should be just above the letter "P".

Thanks for the help! I'm referencing IOS Pages v2.6, 15Oct2015. I found it under the paint brush at the top of the page. I could of sworn, I all ready looked there. :p I'm happy, it's still available, but I'm irritated that Apple would bury bold, italicizes, and underlined (BIU) in a menu for their word processor. Before it was too convienent. I don't get why they did not put it in the grey bar at the top of the keyboard.

Speaking of that, as I switch between various apps and even in the same app, but different tasks, there are different things that appear at the top of the keyboard. This must be part of their smart keyboard functionality.

In Safari, when I'm typing in this forum reply, BIU is there, a menu labeled BIU, which can be used and is more convenient than using the built-in BIU forum reply editor controls. 2 finger taps required to select bold. When I select the url address bar at the top of the Safari page, the top of the keyboard changes. And when I switch to Pages, the top of the keyboard only includes typeface settings, BIU ends up in a menu , under the paintbrush icon at the very top of the page. I'm sure they have to decide what they have room to display vs what's in a menu, but now for these selections (BIU), there are two finger taps where before there was one. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: a7thton
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.