Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mj_

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2017
Austin, TX
When importing photos from my iPhone into Photos on my Mac I accidentally clicked Import All New Items instead of Import Selected. Unfortunately, I had Delete items after import checked. I realized my mistake fairly quickly and managed to cancel after only 35 photos but still, there are now 35 photos on my Mac that have been deleted from my iPhone. Getting those photos back onto the iPhone is easy enough, however those photos are 10+ years old and used to be at the very top of my Recents album. Now, they are at the very bottom alongside the latest photos and videos. Is there any way to sort the Recents album so that those photos show up chronologically again other than importing every single phone, deleting it, and sending it back in chronological order?

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
The resents album is there to show the most recent imported photos, regardless of date. There is no way to organize that album. If you erased some old photos and readded them, they would be your most recent imported photos. It's just how it works. The only way they are organized by date is through the main photo album.

lostless

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2005
Just think the recents album as apples way to find your most recently added photos easily, because sometimes the dates of photos shared with you may not be known or wrong all together with a scanned photo, for example. It's not meant to be any sort of organized album.

mj_

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 18, 2017
Austin, TX
Yeah, I realize that now. I've been using it wrong... Since I don't care about iCloud Photos on my iPhone I do not have my iPhone connected to iCloud Photo besides a single shared album that I synchronize. Accordingly, Recents has been my go-to album for a chronologically sorted view of all my photos on the iPhone. Guess I'll have to reorganize my muscle memory and stop using it as such.

Thanks.

Last edited:

arthurpanin

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2023
Yeah, I realize that now. I've been using it wrong... Since I don't care about iCloud Photos on my iPhone I do not have my iPhone connected to iCloud Photo besides a single shared album that I synchronize. Accordingly, Recents has been my go-to album for a chronologically sorted view of all my photos on the iPhone. Guess I'll have to reorganize my muscle memory and stop using it as such.

Thanks.
There is a very simple solution! Change the date on your iPhone and save the photo. If you can't save from the internet, first save to Files, then change the date on your iPhone and then save to the gallery. Use it)

I specifically registered to reply here 😄

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.