Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supermacguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
When I am recording video, I've seen that the color balance will drastically shift yellow. I've seen this a few times when I put something very blue in the frame, and I can understand why it happens, even if it's not desirable. But this video of me has almost nothing to speak of in terms of changing the framing or content. I put up my hands a few times before the color balance changes, so I can't say that seems obvious. It just turns yellow halfway thru, like NightShift has come on or something. Has anyone seen anything like this? I've been able to sort of adjust the color balance in FCPX, but it's a pain, and I'm actually shocked that iOS is so bad doing this when it's so good at exposure other times.
So this was on an iPhone 13 Mini on iOS 15.2, I've also seen it on IIRC 11 ProMax and/or 12 Pro with iOS 14.x. Shot in a room with 600 watts of fluorescent lighting (so its sufficiently bright at least).
Thanks
[Sorry if iPhone forum is better, this forum is more likely to have some experts in video/color].

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.