Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krawfo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2011
I came home today and my wife said to look at her iPad (iPad 3 running IOS 7.1).
Safari screen shot is attached. I can't close any open tabs and this popup shows up no matter what tab I click on. I tried doing a reset but it's still there when I open Safari.
Any help would be appreciated.

photo.png

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Just some scummy/spammy web site script that doesn't do anything but is just annoying. Try going to Settings > Safari and clearing all Safari data from there and that should hopefully get Safari back in working order (as it shouldn't try to reload previously opened tabs which have some of these crappy sites that do this).

krawfo

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2011
Just some scummy/spammy web site script that doesn't do anything but is just annoying. Try going to Settings > Safari and clearing all Safari data from there and that should hopefully get Safari back in working order (as it shouldn't try to reload previously opened tabs which have some of these crappy sites that do this).

Thanks so much. That worked. I really appreciate your quick reply. BTW, my wife thanks you too.

Reactions: aristobrat and C DM

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Notice the mispelled/wrong word, even in the first line "Potential Thread Detected!..."
Would be Threat, in the real world. :D
That immediately takes it way down my list for valid stuff...
Then, if you search for the phone number 1-877-813-3611 - that shows a site called Trutekk.com, which is a computer support company (from who knows where), with no affiliation with Apple, or iOS.
Just some site trying to sell you on providing service, and using some scary screen to try to convince you of what you need. Those schemes or similar have been around for years on Windows, but less commonly on OS X or iOS...
You don't need permission to ignore it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.