Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timelessbeing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
When I wake up my iPhone it displays the time, date, state of charge and "Press home to open". Is there a way to make it go back to what I was doing instead?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
That is the lock screen (that requires a passcode or TouchID to get past).
If you want the phone to wake up into the app you were using— don't use a passcode.
But that's highly not recommended for continual use.

timelessbeing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
No. It only asks for a passcode after the "Require Passcode" time setting has expired. If I wake up the phone before that time, it just goes to the screen I explained.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
No. It only asks for a passcode after the "Require Passcode" time setting has expired. If I wake up the phone before that time, it just goes to the screen I explained.
The lock screen is still used to lock the phone otherwise the screen will stay on indefinitely. Once you unlock the screen it should go back to what you were doing before. You can adjust the auto-lock setting (in display settings) but that would keep the screen on too.

timelessbeing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 15, 2009
I just want to wake the phone up, and jump right back to what I was doing. Right now it shows the clock screen, and I have to press home again. Is there any way to do this without turning off passcodes?

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
There’s a setting for home button for home button I think but I don’t remember the exact location for it as I don’t have Touch ID anymore.

I think it’s setting - general - home button

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just want to wake the phone up, and jump right back to what I was doing. Right now it shows the clock screen, and I have to press home again. Is there any way to do this without turning off passcodes?
If the phone goes to sleep then when it wakes up it shows the lock screen first. This is basically there so that if the screen turns on on it's own in the pocket or purse, for example, random things don't get activated. The only way to avoid that in stock iOS is to change things so that the phone doesn't lock on its own, but then the screen would stay on too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.