Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockitdog

macrumors 68030
Mar 25, 2013
Choice is an amazing thing. Both are mature operating systems and work great. There's no one right answer here. I get bored with iOS grid of icons over time and love being able to switch up my device when I have an Android but when I get tired of tinkering I love the fact that I can pick up my iPhone and don't need to do anything with it to start using it again.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Choice is an amazing thing. Both are mature operating systems and work great. There's no one right answer here. I get bored with iOS grid of icons over time and love being able to switch up my device when I have an Android but when I get tired of tinkering I love the fact that I can pick up my iPhone and don't need to do anything with it to start using it again.
Amazing to think that you could actually enjoy using more than one platform?

I use multiple operating systems across platforms and I get bored of all of them. I get frustrated with all of them. I enjoy how they all accomplish similar tasks differently. I don't like being locked into anything, which is one of my pet peeves about Apple in general and Samsung/Microsoft to a much lesser extent.

I completely agree with you. iOS is great for a lot of reasons. Android is great for a lot of reasons. I do have preferred OS's but it changes depending on the software and hardware.

In the end, it is a completely subjective experience with any device and it's software. It isn't always logical either. Sometimes you just like the way the OS works, the way it looks, how fast is it, etc. There is no wrong answer. Only what you prefer.

And it is okay to change your mind from time to time.

Reactions: edubfromktown
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.