Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Old geek 959

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2014
iOS 9 is coming and as always the changes are minor. tweaking here and there and multitasking for bigger devices plus integrating 3D touch. same design same UI and the same interactive with apps and personal data.
So if we allowed to ask what do we want from Apple in the next iOS X (or what I think they will call it Phone OS the"i" is slowly vanishing from Apple products and services), new UI? with widgets or some new "trend" in the interface? do we want the same rows of icons or a new and fresh look? and can iOS X be more convenient and useful in iPads?
Personally I want Apple to be extra brave and leap a big step forward. I want more than update
.:apple:

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
They won't drop the i in iOS. It's used for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touch. So calling it phoneOS like you think would mean they would have to develope separate iPadOS and iPodOS. Which would be a complete mess to have so many separate OS's and pointless since they all use the same OS. Apple Watch uses watchOS because it's different. tvOS is different as well, so they get their own labeled OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.