Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
If y'all remember, one of the complaints of the 6 Plus was the limited ram. It caused Safari pages to refresh when you switch between apps. If you typed something on a webpage, or even in messages, you would often lose that typed info after switching between one or two apps.

In iOS 11, they're all saved!!! Every single draft message that wasn't sent in messages, to different people, are saved and are intact when you come back; no matter how many times you switch and how long you are in the different apps. Same goes with any messages typed on webpages. The Safari page is still reloaded, but your typed info are still intact.

Many of us were sure it was a limiting factor of the phone due to ram. Looks like Apple finally resolved that somehow by working around that limitation.

Now, maybe I'm making a fool of myself, since I was on iOS 8 until 3 months ago (when I upgraded directly to 10.3.3.) But I'm pretty sure the disappearing typed info happened to me in the last 3 months. Let me know if this is indeed an iOS 11 fix, or I'm just late to the party.

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I don't know if that's a new feature. I don't remember things I typed in apps like Messages ever disappearing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.