Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So my subscription to Apple Music expired on August 21st. I chose to cancel it as I don't really use the streaming function often enough for now.

my iPhone 8 updated just a few minutes ago to iOS 13.6, after the subscription and with 13.6GB of Apple Music still on my iPhone. I toggled to Settinngs > Music to disable 'Show Apple Music' and also to disable 'Sync Library'. (iCloud music or whatever used to be there in iOS 10/11 is not there).

Oddly enough when I've disabled 'Sync Library' , iOS automatically re-enables the toggle right in front of my eyes. I've even scrolled up or down within Settings > Music it again re-enables the toggle. I escape out into Settings > General > iPhone Storage and delete the Music storage which takes a few minutes. Then back into Settings > Music ... same issue re-occurs. Music is running or closed with each step ... fully not running. This is preventing me in Catalina to sync my music.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Reboot the iPhone make sure you have wifi/cell data and try it again. If that doesn't work call Apple.

When you see a toggle bounce back its because the toggle is linked to online services and they aren't communicating properly. What is supposed to happen is you toggle that off, a message is sent to Apple that tells them to turn it off, they send a confirmation message to your phone and the toggle stays off. If that message isn't sent or received on both ends it will time out and turn back on.

Its not very common but I've seen it before with other toggles in settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.