Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

honglong1976

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
UK
Hi everyone,

I have an iPhone 7 Plus. 96% battery health. Great phone and I will be sad to replace it in the future.

For those with this phone, what sort of battery life do you get with iOS15? I am using 15.5 Beta 4, and I get approx 2-3 hours screen on and 1 hour screen off (Fitbit - Mobile Track and I use an Apple Watch).

Mostly stock apps.

Thanks for reading :)

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
I don't have the iPhone 7 Plus so can't comment on it too much, but the 2-3 hours screen on and 1 hour screen off seems poor to me. FWIW, my dad has the regular iPhone 7 with the latest version of iOS 15 and it lasts him all day. The battery was replaced before he started using it a few years ago.

Is this the original battery? If so, 96% battery health after six years doesn't seem normal either. I wouldn't aways trust that number. One of my mom's old phone had poor battery life and kept crashing unexpectedly even though the battery health percentage was still in the 90s. If you have a Mac, you could see what the free version of coconutBattery says. (I'm sure there are other alternatives for Windows.)

Also, if you're in the US, you could get the battery replaced for $50.

Last edited:

MiniD3

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2013
Australia
Im interested in this post also, my iPhone 7 battery is starting fade after 4-5 hours then drops in charge rapidly
.......... Gary

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I have he 7+, running 15.5, 95% battery health original battery (I bought mine new in early 2020).
From my experience, battery life is not largely different from iOS 14 nor 13. It’s still mediocre when in use, but amazing standby times.

When I actively using it, I will definitely need to charge before the end of the day. But if I don’t use it, it can easily last for 3 days or more on standby. This is the same behavior even on iOS 13 and 14 for me.

It’s not my primary driver though, so my screen on time probably is not reflecting regular usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.