Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bumbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Updated to iOS15 and went to use maps on CarPlay but it just.... is weird.

In dashboard mode, the map doesn't update: the arrow showing where I am just goes along the map then off the screen, the actual map doesn't move.

If I open full screen map, it's really jittery, like it's updating every 1 second, it's not a smooth movement like it used to be.

Anyone else having this?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Not having those issues with iOS 15 and Carplay maps, which I used extensively yesterday.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Updated to iOS15 and went to use maps on CarPlay but it just.... is weird.

In dashboard mode, the map doesn't update: the arrow showing where I am just goes along the map then off the screen, the actual map doesn't move.

If I open full screen map, it's really jittery, like it's updating every 1 second, it's not a smooth movement like it used to be.

Anyone else having this?

I have not noticed this behavior in Apple Maps or Waze. Both seem to scroll smoothly, just as on iOS14.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Also have not noticed this issue. Did you try some of those options on the right hand side in the map? Did you use it right after you updated to iOS 15? Does your phone have a good fast data connection? Does Apple Maps on your phone work well? Did you try restarting your iPhone?

bumbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 6, 2009
I think it's just that dashboard view. The fullscreen map seems OK now (still a little jittery compared to 14) but the options work.

But dashboard view is just static and doesn't follow the car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.