Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Friscochris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
As the title says the SharePlay is not working in my 2020 Honda Pilot. I do not have the SharePlay icon like all the sites say I should. Could it be that this is something some vehicle manufacturers, or older head units, do not support? Maybe it’s my older phone (12 PM)?

Edit: Going to try again when another person with iOS17 is with me. Might be that.

Last edited:

sowza1

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
NYC
Not working here either. Two phones with iOS 17. Looking through the settings and don’t see anything I’m missing.

Friscochris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2009
Not working here either. Two phones with iOS 17. Looking through the settings and don’t see anything I’m missing.
I figured it out… On the first go around you have to open Apple Music on the phone and click continue on the pop up. After that it appeared.

iamcosmic

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2023
I have a problem with the SharePlay too but I think it is different than y’all’s on my phone when I try to scan the SharePlay Q-R code I get a pop up on my phone says something along the lines of your account can’t use this feature. Can anyone help?

Reactions: Pimmp and robtain

sowza1

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
NYC
I have a problem with the SharePlay too but I think it is different than y’all’s on my phone when I try to scan the SharePlay Q-R code I get a pop up on my phone says something along the lines of your account can’t use this feature. Can anyone help?
Is the iPhone IOS 17?

robtain

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2021
Same issue here

lesnouu

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2022
Seems like the feature is too buggy as of right now. I don’t have an option for nearby contacts, even though it is enabled, but whenever someone scans my qr code, they connect button is greyed out and no one can connect to the session

mikejd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
This is happening on my kids iPhone 14 with iOS 17. I cannot figure it out for the life of me. She’s 12 years old. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with age.

Reactions: deadlock

bmg33

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2021
This feature is not ready for prime time. It won’t work at all on my daughter’s account — when she scans QR code, it redirects to Apple Music but says “this feature is not currently available on your account.” She’s 11 (screen time controls off). iPhone 13, iOS 17.0.1. On my wife’s phone (iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17.0.1), it redirects to Apple Music in the browser (not the app) and while it allows her to join, the controls are buggy, it constantly disconnects, and it doesn’t remember that she was approved the next time CarPlay connects so she needs to scan the QR code again. And I never get any sort of pop up on any device for “nearby contacts”. If this feature actually worked, it would be amazing. Not sure why they shipped it in this state.

mikejd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
This feature is not ready for prime time. It won’t work at all on my daughter’s account — when she scans QR code, it redirects to Apple Music but says “this feature is not currently available on your account.” She’s 11 (screen time controls off). iPhone 13, iOS 17.0.1. On my wife’s phone (iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17.0.1), it redirects to Apple Music in the browser (not the app) and while it allows her to join, the controls are buggy, it constantly disconnects, and it doesn’t remember that she was approved the next time CarPlay connects so she needs to scan the QR code again. And I never get any sort of pop up on any device for “nearby contacts”. If this feature actually worked, it would be amazing. Not sure why they shipped it in this state.
Same here on everything you just called out.

Reactions: flybass

TimDeRosa

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2008
Any success fixing this yet? I am now on 17.1 as of today and still no SharePlay icon in CarPlay. When I attempt to connect to another phone that is already connected then I get an error message says "This media type is unavailable while using SharePlay in the music app."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.