Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ace1623

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2023
I remember the exact same thing happening on ios16 initially. It did get fixed… but i feel like it’s the same bug. There are even posts on this forum from 2022 about the same thing.

Cell service is not great in my area, so my phone takes advantage of WiFi calling all the time. After upgrading my iPhone 14 Pro Max to ios17, immediately when i move from cell service to WiFi , i get call failed. The call failed also drops my cell signal to 0 for 15-30 secs, and even though im on WiFi it wont let me make calls… call failure persists until eventually i get 1 bar again and i can make calls.

yes, WiFi calling is turned on, i have togggled it on and off, i have also restarted my phone etc. This exact same thing happened on ios16. I really hope apple fixes this fast because every time i get home, i drop whatever call im on and have to wait 15-30 secs to call back. I did not get a new phone, same phone for last year, i have not had this problem since it got patched in ios16.

Am i the only one?

Ace1623

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2023
Did i post this on the wrong forum? I find it hard to believe im the only one experiencing such horrible issues with WiFi calling since ios17. I hope there is an easy fix for it.

Ace1623

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2023
17.0.2 fixed it. I didnt see any acknowledgement of it in notes, but im able to transition between WiFi and cell again. @indies02vinegar did it get better for you?

MarkNewton2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2023
I remember the exact same thing happening on ios16 initially. It did get fixed… but i feel like it’s the same bug. There are even posts on this forum from 2022 about the same thing.

Cell service is not great in my area, so my phone takes advantage of WiFi calling all the time. After upgrading my iPhone 14 Pro Max to ios17, immediately when i move from cell service to WiFi , i get call failed. The call failed also drops my cell signal to 0 for 15-30 secs, and even though im on WiFi it wont let me make calls… call failure persists until eventually i get 1 bar again and i can make calls.

yes, WiFi calling is turned on, i have togggled it on and off, i have also restarted my phone etc. This exact same thing happened on ios16. I really hope apple fixes this fast because every time i get home, i drop whatever call im on and have to wait 15-30 secs to call back. I did not get a new phone, same phone for last year, i have not had this problem since it got patched in ios16.

Am i the only one?
When I had my 14 pro max, I did not experience this after the update. Interesting 🤔. Thank you for sharing it to us.😊

Ace1623

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2023
I hope it’s fixed, sad to hear it’s happening in the beta… maybe they have not fixed this issue in the beta version? It’s extremely frustrating.

@MarkNewton2023 thank you for replying, do you have low cell service in your house and depend on the transition to WiFi calling when you walk into your door? or do you generally have good cell service Inside your home?

kawa636r

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2016
Spain
I've solved.
The issue was a program called bleunlock on my MacBook, which for some reason, made disasters through all the bluetooth connections nearby.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.