Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2011
Thought I'll create a quick video depicting the cool multitasking (already without stutter!) in iOS7. This is playing HD video using AVPlayer HD (3rd party app) on an iPad.

I hope Apple can nail down the whole 'multitasking eats battery' thing that plagues Android since its inception.

That's actually pretty cool... however, in actuality it doesn't really do much (if anything). I mean how often are you going to be in that app switching screen? You still can't do anything. I presume as soon as you enter another app/homescreen the video stops? The only way this could be useful is if you can continue watching the video while doing something in another app, similar to the snap thing in Win8.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
The only way this could be useful is if you can continue watching the video while doing something in another app, similar to the snap thing in Win8.

Indeed. This is what iOS7 won't have. We can only hope Quasar is made iOS6-compliant to allow for such functionality.

In the meantime, you can check out dual-pane video players in the appstore. They allow for browsing the web / making notes while watching video.

nikicampos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2011
Wow, so useless, why didn't you go to another app or something?

Yes, I find it useless too.

"You doble tap for multitasking, video keeps playing, you are looking for another app, video keeps playing, you select iMessage, reply to your friend, doble tap for multitasking, select video, REWIND to the part that you missed looking for iMessage."

It makes sense to me that the video stops when I go into multitasking, but then again, that's just me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.