Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
This is a pretty annoying bug if you ask me and it shows that they rushed this to market when they should have taken more time to get it right. Not only are icons off center but some text is partially off screen. In my opinion this is unacceptable.

Here's the screenshots. The only edits I made was to increase brightness a bit and to crop so that the most important parts are in the photos.

Please take note how the entire screen is off center in the first screenshot.
The words at the bottom of the second screenshot are cut off.
The battery indicator is partially offscreen as well as the font size picker.
And the last one although dark also shows how the icons are off center.

In my opinion these kids of things are unacceptable. It show lack to detail. If there's one thing that Apple was known for in years past was there insane attention given to detail.

s4it+

l8Pl+

OZvu+

RBml+

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
This is a pretty annoying bug if you ask me and it shows that they rushed this to market when they should have taken more time to get it right. Not only are icons off center but some text is partially off screen. In my opinion this is unacceptable.

Here's the screenshots. The only edits I made was to increase brightness a bit and to crop so that the most important parts are in the photos.

In my opinion these kids of things are unacceptable. It show lack to detail. If there's one thing that Apple was known for in years past was there insane attention given to detail.

1) Did you enable zooming?

2) Try a hard reset - hold home and power buttons together, screen will turn black, then Apple logo will appear - you can now let go. Check to see if this solves it.

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
I don't have this problem with my iPhone 5...did you give it a power cycle? (press & hold top button for 3 seconds until red "slide to power off" shows, power off, wait for spinning to stop, wait 5 full seconds, turn back on.)

You may have an incompatible app that is taking over the display?

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
Yes I did a hard reset. Just FYI it doesn't happen all the time but more often than not when scrolling from one screen to another. The cutoff text does seem to happen quite a bit.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yes I did a hard reset. Just FYI it doesn't happen all the time but more often than not when scrolling from one screen to another. The cutoff text does seem to happen quite a bit.

I haven't seen this on my own phone, nor have I seen anybody else post about this issue..maybe try a restore?

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
EDIT: screenshot removed

Never mind, the screenshot doesn't give it justice. The screenshot actually shows the whole thing. But most of the time the lower part of the keyboard is partially hidden

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
EDIT: screenshot removed

Never mind, the screenshot doesn't give it justice. The screenshot actually shows the whole thing. But most of the time the lower part of the keyboard is partially hidden

Zooming in accessibility. Disable it.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Parallax makes the icons move from side to side when you turn your phone...turn on 'reduce motion' in accessibility settings and you shouldn't see off-centre icons.

That only adjusts the icons, and it's very hardly noticeable. And it doesn't move the battery meter or anything like that.

eddyecb

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Homescreen icons are sometimes off center on my 5 and now happens aswell on my 5s, obviously not to this extent but very annoying nonetheless.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Parallax makes the icons move from side to side when you turn your phone...turn on 'reduce motion' in accessibility settings and you shouldn't see off-centre icons.
Yup, this should be checked to see if that resolves the issue. Other than that, try restarting the phone and/or even resetting your settings.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey

Actually Parallax doesn't move the icons. It only gives the illusion of the background moving.

Liz in ABQ

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2015

s4it+

l8Pl+

OZvu+

RBml+

Liz in ABQ

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2015
Sweet. Thanks. This happened to me right after upgrading my iPhone 6 to IOS 9. I set display to Standard and it didn't work, till I restarted my iPhone. All looks swell now. Thanks for sharing this info with us.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.