Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Inturkey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
Hello, I have a big problem and even the apple online support service has not been able to help... this is after loooong hours trying all sort of things from changing settings, to wiping out the devices, I even reset my wifi and router, etc. It seems weird to me that they have never had a case like mine, so here I am posting this, searching for a solution!

So, the problem is that since I updated my devices (iPhone5, iPad & iPad mini) with ios7, I cannot watch any videos whatsoever on my devices (no youtube, no website videos, no streaming basically). I can however watch videos that I had previously downloaded on my device.

Before the update, I was able to watch all videos, and live tv, like the news.

So in order to watch videos and use my Apple TV I had to use my OLD iPhone3 :mad: which works perfectly (because it does not support the new ios7, basically) or use my mac, which work fine too.

Also, (things happen all at the same time!) I don´t know what sort of update I had on my AppleTV (about a week after updating the devices with ios7) that even that stopped working! I cannot even load the preview content :-(

I checked my devices on other wifi networks and it works! And I have had a friend coming over with her iPad, also with ios7, and hers does not work either with my wifi. Again, this is only for streaming video. For other web content, the devices work perfectly well. And the wifi works well for videos on my mac and the iPhone3. So it is clear that it´s a problem with ios7, right?

Has anybody had anything like this happen to them? I am desperate because I have a bunch of devices with limited function ability... And the AppleTV totally useless.

Many thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.