Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zabijemsnv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2024
Hello,

After long story of factory resetting, tweaking i have still not fixed my iphone 13 battery life issue. I also run hardware diagnostic through apple support which has found nothing wrong.

I still only get about 3-4 sot on 50% data 50% wifi, sometimes worse (88% heatlh) 2 day it was little bit better

My friends with worse iphones get more sot and friends with ip 13 they get about 6-8h on all day 5G.

I dont have issue with idle drain, it just drains very fast when using.

I tried 17.4 update, nothing improved.

What could be an issue? Some icloud apple id setting or whatever? I tried everything including starting over without backup, restarting, analytics.

I also found some bug reports i dont know if that is normal, just want to know if that could be a problem

Attachments

• IMG_0069.png
    IMG_0069.png
    478.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0085.png
    IMG_0085.png
    351.6 KB · Views: 62

HouseLannister

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2021
This is a vanilla 13, not a pro or mini? 6-8 hrs doesn't seem like a realistic expectation, but you can probably get back into the 4-5 range.

Some things you can do to lessen your battery impact:

1) Turn off 5G in your cellular settings. If you are constantly searching for it and have poor 5G reception where you are, then it will crash your battery.
2) Same goes for wifi. Separate your 2.4 ghz and 5ghz wifi in your router and connect to the slower 2.4 ghz network. If the reception was poor at 5ghz, this will improve your battery life.

If you still have issues or just want to min/max the battery:

3) Turn off background refresh and location on apps that just don't need it.
4) Turn off automatic download/upload over cellular on any app that you don't have a critical need for that. Photo uploads and podcast downloads can kill your battery quick when left to their own devices.
5) Seems obvious, but lower your screen brightness, use dark mode, and use solid black wallpaper. The less your screen lights up, the less battery drain.

Even if you are above 80% health, Apple will always let you pay for a new battery if you think it will help. It is a consumable and it is meant to be consumed. Every charge cycle is shorter than the last. Just keep entropy in mind and be realistic with your expectations.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.