Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
The crazy pricing this year is pretty shocking, but I don’t really find any solid reason to get a new IP 14 because my IP11 also has:
-2 camera

-main camera night mode (I never took a selfie with low night surrounding anyway)

-another full 4 years before end of support

-11 is still very fast with current IOS

My family member has 13 pro, I always take photos and compare to it, IP11 photos are more stable then 13 pro, yeah 13 pro photos sometimes is good but sometimes the whole picture color look weired, it is like gamble with the camera AI every time.

Anyway I would say regular 14 is just little bit better than 11 and I would only pay $69 for new battery if Apple keeps having crazier pricing next year and next next year.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
The crazy pricing this year is pretty shocking, but I don’t really find any solid reason to get a new IP 14 because my IP11 also has:
-2 camera

-main camera night mode (I never took a selfie with low night surrounding anyway)

-another full 4 years before end of support

-11 is still very fast with current IOS

My family member has 13 pro, I always take photos and compare to it, IP11 photos are more stable then 13 pro, yeah 13 pro photos sometimes is good but sometimes the whole picture color look weired, it is like gamble with the camera AI every time.

Anyway I would say regular 14 is just little bit better than 11 and I would only pay $69 for new battery if Apple keeps having crazier pricing next year and next next year.
Well clearly if it’s working for you then just keep using it. Unless you’re someone who has to have the latest thing there’s really not a point to upgrade from an iPhone 11. I would say maybe for camera but not everyone cares that much about that. I suspect you’re in Europe because yes the price has gone up quite a bit there. It’s not Apple but due to economic issues. Apple’s pricing is based on the US dollar so that messes with prices other in other countries.

Reactions: PirateP

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
Well clearly if it’s working for you then just keep using it. Unless you’re someone who has to have the latest thing there’s really not a point to upgrade from an iPhone 11. I would say maybe for camera but not everyone cares that much about that. I suspect you’re in Europe because yes the price has gone up quite a bit there. It’s not Apple but due to economic issues. Apple’s pricing is based on the US dollar so that messes with prices other in other countries.

I am in Asia, new iPhone price has not increased much over here but the cheapest regular size is IP12 with 64gb only and the price is still much more expensive than last year IP11 option.

Apple will not drop the iPhones prices in Europe even Euro raises 20% later. Same for Japan. China has currency issue too but $0 increased iPhone price. Apple just increase prices in selected countries because they predict people would buy it anyway. Japanese loves iPhone lol xd.

Reactions: Vazor and taneff

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
Look like few people would exchange battery to extend the lifespan of iPhone lol xd

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
The 11 is still fine and the A12 is a great chip. I would continue using the phone for another 2-3 years or at least until you feel like you really want to upgrade. A new battery is a must after a couple of years of use but it’s a minuscule fee in contrast to paying for a whole new phone.

Reactions: tranceking26

Nordichund

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Oslo, Norway
I have the 11pro. I looked at the 14, but decided to keep the 11 and bought myself a brand new, cheaper, discontinued Fujifilm X-T3 instead to upgrade the quality of my photos. Now I happily carry both.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
I have the 11pro. I looked at the 14, but decided to keep the 11 and bought myself a brand new, cheaper, discontinued Fujifilm X-T3 instead to upgrade the quality of my photos. Now I happily carry both.

mirrorless digital camera size is very good to carry while the photo quality is closed to full frame.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
The 11 is still fine and the A12 is a great chip. I would continue using the phone for another 2-3 years or at least until you feel like you really want to upgrade. A new battery is a must after a couple of years of use but it’s a minuscule fee in contrast to paying for a whole new phone.

Apple care + is two years mean very likely battery has at least 99% chance that still good within 3 years except someone always uses it to watch hours of videos or play games. After 3 years then should go downhill pretty quickly.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
Apple care + is two years mean very likely battery has at least 99% chance that still good within 3 years except someone always uses it to watch hours of videos or play games. After 3 years then should go downhill pretty quickly.

Well the apple care + should just cover 2 years from the day of purchase, not 3 years.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
So it is super hard to be below 80% battery health within 2 years lol xd
I don’t use AppleCare+ so have no time limit on my batteries. I use my phones like computers so I will use a full charge each day. I just get a replacement and pay the going rate when the battery is below 85% as it becomes unusable around that range.

I tend to hit 84%-85% within 2 years which is likely the average as most people charge their phone once per day.

wysiwyg1972

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Toronto, Canada
I agree, but after I upgraded to iOS 14, battery life was just horrible even though health was in the 90s. I saw the battery drop by a few %s every few minutes when using. Subsequent updates to IOS 14 and full reinstalls didn’t help. I eventually decided it was time to finally upgrade to the 12 Pro and it’s been great since. Now I have my 6S Plus as a backup device with nothing installed except stock apps and life is OK (will actually last 3 days with minimal usage, mostly standby). But the moment I play around in settings, battery will drop fast.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
I agree, but after I upgraded to iOS 14, battery life was just horrible even though health was in the 90s. I saw the battery drop by a few %s every few minutes when using. Subsequent updates to IOS 14 and full reinstalls didn’t help. I eventually decided it was time to finally upgrade to the 12 Pro and it’s been great since. Now I have my 6S Plus as a backup device with nothing installed except stock apps and life is OK (will actually last 3 days with minimal usage, mostly standby). But the moment I play around in settings, battery will drop fast.

That’s why I don’t upgrade to iOS 16 now, at least wait for 16.1 to let Apple fixes whatever bugs first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.